Friday, January 5, 2007

First Day at the Gym

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a long time. I found this gym really close to my house and decided to enact one of last years to-dos: join and commit to regular exercise. My fresh determination is from looking at my sister and seeing how good she looks. She doesn't go to the gym but she works long hours at the hospital, always on her feet, so she has toned very well. Don't get me wrong, I'm very comfortable with how I look. That has been my problem. As long as I am within my weight bracket and haven't put on too much weight, I don't both about exercising regular. However, in the past few months, I'm very close to toppling my weight bracket, so I'm back to the gym. I need to tone some specific areas and build strength and endurance. I just pray to God that I stick to it and continually follow thru.
Anyway, I went to the gym and after a 5 min workout on a bike, I went to a step aerobic class. How about the whole class was taught in Spanish. I should have known when it became apparent that i was the only Black chick in the class!! It was fun though and I loved the fact I had to keep my eyes on the teacher at all times to follow what to do next. I figure I can use this as an avenue to revisit my college Spanish. I think I will use this blog as an entry log for how I do at the gym. Now, I just have to find good substitutes for my fat laden and extremely delicious Naija cooking...

No comments: