Friday, October 26, 2007

Its being a long time coming

In my language, we would say "dari ji mi!" which means Forgive me. I have been neglectful. I haven't even opened my blog since I started B-School. Yes, I got in and I'm thankful and its hard but its lots of FUN and I am learning alot, which is more important. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to update as much, but I'll take this little free time to let y'all know what I've been up to and also update on the few random stuff I write about.

Work/School life
For one thing, B-school kicked off and it was all and more than I expected. We just finished term 1 and went on a Week in Cities trip to Atlanta where we visited top consulting firms in the area. Great experience and definitely turned my opinion on a lot of firms for the better. Met a few interesting cool cats that I would like to keep in touch with. I am just praying that Term 2 would be even better than term 1. I get to tackle Corporate Finance, marketing and Strategy, so I'm game.

Personal life
God is good. Thats all I can say. A lot has changed or maybe nothing at all. hmm

Brothers wedding in Nigeria
See, when you see something good such as your second half and recognize who that person is to you, you don't wait to be told to solidify that relationship. I had a blast in Naija. The wedding went off with of course a little drama here and there but all in all, it was FAB. We came out in style, we danced our heads off, praised God for He did an awesome job as usual and put on 10 pounds in the mix. I love you Bros and Sis and I pray for the very Best for both of you.

London
I always love going to that city because I have great friends who take time out of their busy schedule and make it worth my while. We had a house to ourselves (my siblings, friends and cousins), so it was like boarding house without the headmistress. The stories, the trains, the love, the food, the crazy moments, the impromptu in-house love vs. hate 'hehe' made it an awesome experience.

Naija in general
Omo, it is true...Home cannot be replaced, replicated or forgotten. From Abuja to Lagos, I had a wonderful experience. For the first time in a long time, all of us where back home together...stayed by ourselves without the folks. I tell you, I have never been more tripped that I was during this trip. Abuja. Please Lord, one day, let Lagos turn into Abuja in the sense of security, landscape, development and increased peace of mind.
Loved it.

Book I'm reading or should I say Finished Reading
I am not going to do this book's write up justice as even right now I am thinking about all my homework piling up. BUT, whether you are Nigerian or not, if you have not yet, do pick up Chimamanda Adichie's Book "Half of a Yellow Sun". WOW...Mind Blowing and worth more that the 14 bucks they sell it for here in the states. This lady is the next Maya Angelou in Fictional Writing. The way she wove the lives of her characters into the storyline leading up to, during and after Nigeria's Civil War (Biafra War) was the work of a gifted artist. She left me tongue imagining how she came up with some intricacies of ordinary people's lives. She wrote as if she were a man and going through the things men go through. She wrote as if she were a mother trying to fend and defend her kids...it was just an experience. Yes, thats the word. An experience in a book!!
Kai, I couldn't keep that book down. I had never truly heard the perspective of my Ibo brothers and sisters during that time, so this was really eye opening. Get your Copy and read. Its worth it.

I'm out for now.

No comments: