Monday, January 29, 2007

On Behalf of My BFF

Okay, so my babygirl said I should update my blog. Apparently she has gotten hooked on what I write.
My weekend was okay. I didn't really do much. I was sick, so I stayed home most of the time. I don't know what possessed me to think i could go to the gym. Half way through the aerobics class, I was about to collapse. My body just seemed to shut down. I usually spend two hours on Saturdays but I went back home after the first hour. But, all was not lost. I stopped by the beauty shop and got some hair creme and later went home.
Funny enough, when I got home, I was feeling a bit better so I decided to do some 'winter cleaning.' After vacuuming the entire apartment, turning on the dishwasher and doing basic cleaning, I took a well deserved shower and went grocery shopping- pretty boring stuff!
But come Saturday, things were looking up. I visited my Barber's church(yeah, i don't cut my hair but I have a barber) and it was a pretty good service. We sang African American hymns with no musical instruments and it was great. The pastor preached a great sermon about living what you believe. It just reinforced what I have been hearing from the Lord all along. Anyho, met up with friends for lunch(on them which was pretty great). Later on in the evening, after a very good nap, I went to the movies with a friend of mine. WE watched Pan's labyrinth and I have to say that movie is off the chain! As in, there was no point in the movie where my mind wondered. The cinematography, the story line, plot, fantasy mixed with fairy tales---wow! Not I know why it was nominated for best foreign movie. It deserved it.
So, that was my weekend in a nutshell. I hope my week is even better. I'm sycked because one of my London boys is coming to visit and this weekend is SUPER BOWL WEEKEND. Big ups to my Colts and Bears!
That's all folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad u feeling better. by the way which on of your boys is coming to visit? is he cute? let me know, maybe i'll try to come (keyword; MAYBE). luv ya babe

Naija Jinx said...

Yes, He is cute and no, you don't know him. But if you come down this weekend, I'll let you meet him :-P